Get to the Health Center
Clay County Public Health Center is located at 800 Haines, Liberty, MO 64068.
CCPHC does not provide transportation to our location, but we believe that transportation plays a key role in ensuring individuals have access to the health care they need when they need it.
Transportation Options for Clay County Residents
Click on a name to visit the website. There you can learn what types of circumstances and criteria each services requires.
- Liberty Access Bus
- Trips are available only within the city limits of Liberty. Transportation on essential trips (doctor appointments, pharmacy and the grocery store) for adults 60 and older is free of charge. Coupons (10 for $10) are available for additional transportation needs. Reservations are required.
North Kansas City Area
- Ride KC Flex
- For North Kansas City, Gladstone, and Tiffany Springs, Ride KC Flex is a curb-to-curb service for those who cannot get to a bus stop. There is a base fare and day passes available. This type of service operates in a specific geographical area for each Flex route and required rider to make a reservation 24 hours in advance. The RideKC Flex App is available for all Flex zones in Missouri.
- Ride KC Freedom
- Paratransit service for older adults and disabled; personal care attendant can ride free with applicant. And application must be submitted before you can ride, followed by in-home assessment for ADA eligibility.
- Ride KC Freedom on Demand
Clay County Area
- OATS Transit
- See OATs website for Clay County Schedule and prices in Excelsior Springs, Kearney, and Smithville.
- Locations listed above travel to Liberty the second Wednesday of every month.
- Northland Shepherd's Center
- Must be 60 or older and live in southern Clay or Platte County. May have 1 round trip ride per week to medical, pharmacy, bank, or other vital businesses; and 1 round trip every two weeks to the grocery store or food pantry. No wheelchairs; Donations encouraged.
- Excelsior Springs Transportation
- The city of Excelsior Springs operates a bus program for its citizens. $2 for one-way trip. Visit website for merchants/professionals that participate in "Ride a Share" program and bus schedule.
- Home State (Medicaid)
- Missouri Care (Medicaid)
- If someone takes you to an appointment, there may be gas reimbursements available. Call your Managed Care health plan for details.
- The Managed Care plans do not charge for transportation.
- All plans require:
- Insurance card
- Destination name
- Telephone number
- Address with zip code
- Name of doctor/facility