Find answers to your biggest questions about how to get vaccinated, safety, and more.
Find multiple ways to sign up for a COVID-19 vaccine. This list will be updated frequently as more opportunities become available.
An additional dose may be recommended to boost your immune response and keep you protected from COVID-19. Visit this page to see if a booster is available to you.
Visit this page to help you get ready for your upcoming vaccination.
Everyone deserves protection from COVID-19. This page includes information and resources for specific communities in Clay County, including black Americans, Spanish-speaking individuals, faith communities and more.
Interested in Getting Vaccinated?
Every Missouri resident 5 years and older is NOW ELIGIBLE to get a COVID-19 vaccine! Please visit our Where to Get Vaccinated page for the latest list of area locations to get vaccinated and learn how to schedule an appointment.
As of June 21, 2022, children ages 6 months to 4 years can now get protection against COVID-19 by receiving the Pfizer vaccine. Children 5+ can get vaccinated with Moderna.
Vaccination for Children 6 months and Older
- Learn more about vaccination for children and teens from CDC
- Find answers to FAQs about COVID vaccination for children: Missouri Dept. of Health | Children's Mercy
- Make an appointment with Clay County Public Health Center or see a list of other local providers
- See a list of pediatric providers in Missouri
Homebound VaccinationsHomebound individuals that meet certain criteria may be eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19 through the Clay County Public Health Center Homebound EMS Partnership Program or another homebound vaccination program, depending on home address. Clay County residents may call Mid-America Regional Council AAA at 1-800-593-7948 and your contact information will be provided to the vaccinator serving your area to coordinate your in-home vaccination.
- Who is Eligible For a COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot?
- COVID Vaccine Facts & Rumor Control (Missouri Dept. of Health & Senior Services)
- COVID Vaccines: Know The Facts. Inform Your Choice. (One For All Missouri)
- 8 Things to Know About Vaccine Planning (CDC)
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Approval Process (MO DHSS)
- Ensuring COVID-19 Vaccines Work (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines (FDA)
- Video: What is an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization)? (FDA)
- Video: Tell Me More: Vaccines | Dr. Fauci Explains the Coronavirus (HHS)
- Video: COVID-19 Vaccine Update | How Vaccines are Developed (HHS)
- How to talk about COVID-19 vaccines with friends and family
- Vaccinate KC @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
- Information for Vaccine Providers (Missouri DHSS)
- Vaccinator Enrollment (Missouri DHSS) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Am I eligible to get a COVID vaccine right now?
- Where can I get a vaccine? Who is administering the COVID-19 vaccines?
- Does Clay County Public Health Center offer COVID vaccines?
- Can I get the J&J vaccine at Clay County Public Health Center?
- How much does it cost to get vaccinated?
- How can I get vaccinated if I am homebound?
- I have more questions about COVID vaccines. Where can I find more info?
In the News
- 11/3: Pfizer Vaccine Now Available for Children Ages 5-11
- 9/27: Pfizer COVID-19 Booster Shots Now Being Administered to Eligible Missourians
- 8/23: FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine
- 8/17: Certain immunocompromised individuals can now receive third dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Missouri
- 5/12: DHSS authorizes Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine administration for adolescents
- 4/26: Missouri vaccinators to resume use of J&J vaccine
- 4/13: Missouri pauses J&J COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 2/28: DHSS issues statewide order for Janssen COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 2/25: Governor Parson announces timeline for activation of Phase 1B-Tier 3
- 2/9: Federal Retail Pharmacy Program to begin vaccinations in Missouri Friday
- 2/1: Missouri adjusts COVID-19 vaccination allocations to prioritize ‘high-throughput’ locations
- 2/1: Northland coalition implements mass vaccination clinic
- 1/19: Community leaders form task force to support local COVID vaccinations
- 1/14: Governor Parson announces activation of first tier of Phase 1B of Missouri's COVID-19 vaccination plan
- 1/12: Kearney seniors receive Moderna vaccine
- 1/7/21: Clay County Public Health Center begins vaccination against COVID-19
- 12/30: Governor Parson provides update on COVID-19 vaccine progress, health care capacity in Missouri
- 12/28: CVS, Walgreens to start vaccination effort Monday at long-term care facilities in Kansas, Missouri
- 12/23: Liberty Hospital frontline health care workers receive COVID vaccination
- 12/22: North Kansas City Hospital joins growing list offering frontline workers COVID-19 vaccine
- 12/20: DHSS executes plans for Modern COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 12/18: FDA Takes Additional Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for Second COVID-19 Vaccine
- 12/14: DHSS issues statewide order for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 12/11: FDA Takes Key Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for First COVID-19 Vaccine